Arlberg Active Adventure - the winter
Repeatedly voted the world’s best ski destination, Lech-Zürs is now connected to the legendary Warth-Schröcken ski resort during the winter season via a new cable car. Since 2017, they have together formed Austria’s largest ski area with 305 kilometres of marked pistes and 200 km of powder-snow runs. From easy slopes to challenging black runs which are the ultimate insider tips, you’ll find it all here.
The “Auenfeldjet”, a ten-person gondola lift with a monocable circulating ropeway that opened in the winter season 2013, transports up to 1,490 people per hour. It runs virtually at ground level through a wonderful nature reserve and connects the two ski destinations of Lech and Schröcken. This new connection is a real blessing for both resorts. Planned 40 years ago and built with the utmost concern for the environment, the “Auenjetfeld” provides a secure connection between the two mountain ridges, even in the snow-covered winter months.
Winter holidays the exclusive way – anyone who lives here enjoys and experiences life at the highest level. Winter guests are offered a virtually endless list of impressive activities:
- Skiing / deep powder, kids’ ski school, blue, red and black runs
- Snowboarding / shredder fun over 20 obstacles with easy, medium or pro-lines
- Heli-skiing / blue sky, gleaming white snow, untouched and clear
- Snowshoe walks / 40 kilometres of winter walking routes away from the pistes
- Cross-country skiing / 27 kilometres of beautifully prepared and varied trails
- Indoor / fitness and vitality areas, wellness, climbing halls, bowling alleys
- and much more.
With the Arlberg Card you can use 88 lifts and cable cars, 305 kilometres of pistes and 200 kilometres of High Alpine powder-snow runs all over the Arlberg (Lech-Zürs, Warth-Schröcken, Stuben, St. Christoph and St. Anton).
You’ll find full reports on the various awards and prizes here:
- The world’s best ski areas 2017: Ranked number 1 by skigebiete-test.de
- 5-star ski area: Test winner 2017 at skiresort.de
- Austria’s largest ski area: Ski Arlberg Top 5 worldwide
- Warth-Schröcken: Austria’s best-kept ski secret
Fun & Action 365 x 24 h
It is not just in the winter that the ski regions of Warth-Schröcken and Lech-Zürs attract visitors from all around the world. In the summer months there is also much to experience and see.